Big Bay Residential Estate HOA
Obligation to Build
In order to reduce inconvenience to residents in the Estate, owners are required to complete all building/renovation/alteration works within 12 calendar months of commencement and/or delivery of materials to site. A penalty levy of four times the monthly homeowner levy is charged where this time period is exceeded.
The purpose of this agreement is to ensure integration between residential living and control over building activities within the Estate with minimal impact to the environment and residents. The agreement will be enforced by the Estate Manager and allows fines to be imposed on the contractor where transgressions occur.
The contractor’s agreement and other mandatory documentation must be signed and submitted to the Estate Manager prior to the commencement of any building operations. Contractors are required to erect dark green shade cloth fencing/netting or a boundary wall to screen the site during the entire building process.
Renovations and Alterations
When it comes to Building, Renovations, Alterations, Streetscape and/or Verge Paving & Planting, there is a process flow that needs to be followed. Please use the links below to view the process of the relevant topic.
BBREHOA – Big Bay Residential Estate HOA
Nedbank – Current Account
Branch Code – 103109
Account Number – 1031387552
REF: Erf number
Plan Submission Procedure
Before building plans are submitted to Council/City of Cape Town (CoCT) they must first be approved by BBREHOA. Electronic/Soft copy drawings need to be submitted to the Estate Office, and all amounts are payable to BBREHOA – see banking details above.
Some of the requirements when submitting a plan to the HOA are as follows:
- Verge Deposit, i.e. refundable: R5 000.00 (for works equal to or less than 90 calendar days) & R10 000.00 (for works exceeding 90 calendar days)
- Monthly Contractors Levy, non-refundable: R1 000.00 (for works equal to or less than 90 calendar days) & R2 000.00 (for works exceeding 90 calendar days)
- Roof specification/s and colour
- External wall etc. colours, in accordance with permissible paint spec.
- House Coverage – Max. 60% of site/erf
- First-floor coverage as a percentage of ground floor footprint, incl. garages, covered patios, stairwell, double volume etc, but excl. balconies. Max. 70%
- Position of stormwater soakaways. Stormwater must be retained on site/erf, i.e. may not discharge off the property.
- Roof Plan incl. all roof ridge levels, on original survey/contour Site Plan. Available from www.dhale.co.za
- Flat roof coverage percentage. Max 30% of Coverage
- Mean Site Level (MSL) – Available from HOA
- Sections & Elevations dimensioned relative to above MSL
- HOA Clearance Certificate for completed Additions & Alterations, i.e. contractor to request practical & final inspections.
Still unsure about our building information?
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you with what ever question or query you might have.